Reporting Mechanisms

The Center for Access and Restorative Engagement (CARE) provides resources to cultivate belonging throughout the university community and serves the University by promoting fairness, repairing harm and prompting critical thinking about perspectives.

You have the right to raise discrimination and harassment concerns.  You also have the right to utilize available resources, such as CARE, and do not have to follow any “chain of command” before contacting CARE.

Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against or subjected to harassment should contact the Center for Access and Restorative Engagement. All inquiries will be kept confidential, to the extent permitted by law and University policy, and no person should fear retaliation.  Click here for FAQs about filing a complaint. Click here to direclty go to the form to file a complaint.

- The Title IX Office seeks to provide leadership, education and training pertaining to Title IX Univeristy policies and state law that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity.  Title IX protects all members of our campus community who experience sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault, interpersonal violence (including dating and domestic violence), stalking, or discrimination on the basis of pregnancy. For more information or to file a report visit  For information about manditory reporting visit

If you would like to seek university advocacy and support from people that are not mandatory Title IX reporters, please contact one of the resources offered by Student Emergency Services: At the time of writing, the resources they offer are Advocates, who are trained professional staff who provide individual support to students who have been impacted by interpersonal violence, and the Interpersonal Violence Peer Support program, a group of expertly trained undergraduate and graduate students who offer peer-based support to students who have been impacted by interpersonal violence.

- The UT Graduate School offers support to students with any grievance related to academic or nonacademic matters. Every effort should be made to resolve grievances informally between the student and the faculty member involved or with the assistance of the graduate adviser, Graduate Studies Committee chair, or department chair. Howeer, in situations where the grievance cannot be resolved informally at the program/department level, students have recourse through formal procedures that vary, depending on the type of grievance. For more information, see