All applicants must meet the minimum criteria for admissions set by the University of Texas Office of Graduate Studies and the Neuroscience Graduate Program:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0
- Minimum combined verbal and quantitative GRE score of 1100 (old scale) or 302 (new scale).
- For international students whose native language is not English a TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based) OR an overall band of 6.5 on the IELTS
In addition the Neuroscience Graduate Program strongly suggests:
- An undergraduate course preparation that includes at least:
- 1 year each of chemistry and biology
- Mathematics through calculus
- Courses in psychology and physics
- Subject GRE is encouraged
The Institute for Neuroscience invites applications from individuals with disabilities.
The University of Texas at Austin acts in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008.
Click here for UT-Austin disability resource information: http://www.utexas.edu/disability/index.shtml
*The pool of applicants is extremely competitive and the majority of those admitted far exceed the minimum requirements.